Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
DeanH DeanH is offline

Default Problem With Lines Between Boxes

If you align the boxes, say Align Center, then the connecting lines that go
between them will be straight (vertical).
Hope this helps
DeanH

"RAH" wrote:

In Word 2007 I have created some organizational-style charts with
boxes and lines connecting them using the Insert/Shapes menu. I am
having a problem getting the connecting lines to be perfectly
vertical. They seem to want to follow pre-determined points at the
top and bottom of each box. How can I just draw vertical lines
without them attaching themselves to some format?