Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Cocksy Boy Cocksy Boy is offline

Default How to add more than 1 custom margin setting word 2007

Hi Steven & Suzanne,

I think the templates could be a good method of getting round this for about
half of the time, the other half of the time, the different margins are
required in the same document.

Basically, some pages have to have the smallest margin possible (as defined
by our printer, which is nearly borderless) so that technical drawings can
fill the piece of paper at the largest size possible.

The majority of the pages require a 2cm margin all round, and some other
specific pages require a 1cm margin all round, some require 2cm at the top /
bottom, & 1cm at the side, and there are a couple of other simlar sizes I
can't remember off the top of my head.

I can't really go into much more detail than that - sorry!

Is the alternative method a lot more difficult to implement? Many TIA!

"StevenM" wrote:

Cocksy Boy,

Are the different margin settings for different documents or the same
document?
If they are for different documents, you should setup a template for each
type of margin. Then everytime you create a new document based on that
template your margins will be set as you want them.

For: How to Create a Word Template, see:
http://word.mvps.org/fAQs/Customizat...platePart1.htm
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...platePart2.htm

If you're wanting to set different sections of a document with different
margins, you can do this too, but I would suggest exploring other options
first. But that depends on why you need to have different margins. Perhaps
you could give us a list of the margin setting you need and a brief
discription telling us why you needed the different margin settings.

Steven Craig Miller

"Cocksy Boy" wrote:

Hi there all,

I am using word 2007 and want to add a number of custom margin settings, or
change the 'microsoft default' margin settings.

Basically, I have 3 or 4 page layouts (with different margins) that i use
for work, and none of them are the same as any of the microsoft standard
margin settings. At the moment, every time i need to change the margin, i
need to type the settings in manually.

What i want to do is save my 4 settings and add them to the 5 existing
'standard' options, or failing that, change the 5 existing microsoft settings
to my own ones.

Is there any way to do this? Many thanks!