Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default "not" operator missing in equations for word 2007

Hi Martin,

It was surprising to see a note that the newest version of the Office family Office 2008 for Mac apparently doesn't support OMML
(Office Math Markup Language)

Bob Matthews from http://designscience.com who drops by here from time to time would likely have more insight into what is in W3C
Math Markup Language MML and in Office MML. For Windows Office I'm vurious if that particular item is actually considered to be
missing or overlooked as a math operator, since 'not' is one of those that, depending on your purpose, may have more than one symbol
interpretation. There are also references to using a tilde ~ for unary and I didn't find much discussion of it in the W3C writeup
or in the discussion in the now ISO/ECMA standards that MS proposed and had approved and put forward It's one of the advantages
though of extensibility of the Equation feature, that you don't always have to wait for a new version g.

"Martin" wrote in message ...
That's a nice workaround. Thanks.

Will the operator be included in the next update for Word? Or in Word 200X
at least?
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP