Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default How can I transfer WS Professional docs to Word 2003?

The Wordstar converter on my web site will work with the DOS versions of
Wordstar from version 3.3 to 7. However it relies on the filename extension
to identify the file type (looking for WS) and one of the 'features' of DOS
word processors was that you could happily use any extension. The download
text file suggests renaming the files, but you could, from the Tools menu in
Word, select Options and then go to the General tab and check the box
against the "Confirm conversions at open" item, which will cause file open
prompt for the converter to use.

CyberTaz wrote:
Not knowing specific Wordstar version it's hard to say but perhaps
one of the converters from Graham Mayor's site will do the job:

http://gmayor.com/downloads.htm

If not have a look at at Conversions Pus for DataViz:

http://www.dataviz.com/products/conv...lus/index.html

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 6/13/08 10:11 AM, in article
, "Borderman"
wrote:

"almibar" wrote:

I have a lot of documents in Wordstar Professional and I changed
my text processor to Word 2003. As I still need those documents,
how can I do its transfer?
Thanks
--
Almibar