Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
donnajune1 donnajune1 is offline

Default Office Home and Student

Tech at Dictaphone claims too many missing and no way to become compatible. I
only know that EXText 2003 is one. I know little and just keep being told
same thing over and over. THX. Wish you could help? I guess only Bill knows
the answer.

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

What files do you need to download? You can open older word files in Word
2007 and you can save 2007 files in an older format.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"donnajune1" wrote in message
JoAnn,

The tech attempted to download their software so that I could start work
and
it is not possible. He just had to stop. They, as all transcription
companies, are not upgraded to what is being sold to the public as
"compatible." I do suppose it does put the pressure on them to upgrade as
people's systems do crash and there are those of us who do not keep our
Word
2003 disk when we upgrade.

Is there any other option than to quit working at home? Borrowed computer
and found it had Word Perfect 12 on it and, of course, that is
incompatible
also. I need help so that I may work again.

"donnajune1" wrote:

MT is medical transcriptionist and...

"donnajune1" wrote:

Purchased this product in March with the understanding that it was
FULLY
compatible wtih Word 2003. Am an MT and now find myself unable to work
until
I can find a nonexisting Word 2003 program. Why would MS put out a NEW
program and not leave all of the files for downloads from pre-existing
Word
2003 since that is the bread and butter of most systems in use now?

I keep being told that there is no way that I can get the full Word
2003 and
it is obviously not available anywhere. Why not at least give us poor
fools a
patch to downgrade to what we need to work in the business climate as
it is?
This is surely not an upgrade when it cannot be used to download files
needed
for my work.

NOT COMPATIBLE