You can either set up the Header first, before checking "Different first
page," then set up the First Page Header, or you can insert a page break
temporarily. In either case, Word will remember the Header even if your
template is only one page. For more, see
http://home.earthlink.net/~wordfaqs/Letterhead.htm

"Michael Gould" wrote in message
Now that I can successfully embed graphics into a template, here is my

next
question...

Once you create a multipage document, you can change the header/footers,

but
how do you set up a template to use a different header/footer

automatically
on a subsequent page if the page is not created yet?

Of course, this involves a different graphic. I assume that there is some
vbcoding involved - the real question is how would you store the graphic

in
the template.

Thanks!

Mike