Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default .tmp file

By 'restart' did you restart your computer or just Word?

If you restarted your computer and it is still locked, you may need to start
your computer to Command Prompt and delete it using the DOS DEL command.
Note the full path of the temp file first and then reboot your computer to a
command prompt and DEL using the full path.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Peter" wrote in message
I have a Word .tmp file in a temp folder which I cannot delete. It keeps
telling me that it is being used but I have nothing open. I have tried to
restart and try again, but the file just will not go!

C:\Documents&Settings\Me\LocalDefinitions\temp\~DF AB62.tmp

What can I do?

Thank you

JB