Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Master Documents

Hi Peter,

Can you expand on what information you're for re the Word Master Documents feature? As far as we know Microsoft didn't focus on
improving that feature over capabilities in prior versions of Word.

One of the authors of "Microsoft Office Word 2007 Inside Out" is Office MVP Beth Melton (and she posts here g). Master Documents
is mentioned in that book (page 248 according to the online Amazon search). Beth can respond with more authority
"Advanced Microsoft Office 2007 Documents 2007 Edition Inside Out" was written by Office MVP Stephanie Krieger (who doesn't get by
here much).

There's also Word MVP Herb Tyson's book, "Microsoft Word 2007 Bible" and Herb is pretty much always here

I don't know which of these focus specifically on Unicode or multi-language features, or if what in that area might be of interest
in selecting one of the books.

==============
"grammatim" wrote in message ...
Curious observation: Word 2007 Step by Step, published by Microsoft,
does not even mention Master Documents!! (I don't know whether Word
2007 Inside Out, their more advanced manual, mentions them, it wasn't
at my Borders.) Whereas the books not published by Microsoft, such as
the Missing Manual, similar in size and scope to Step by Step, tell
you how they're supposed to work and warn you that they frequently
don't. Incredibly, Borders does not sell Using Word 2007!

Yeah, I have to switch. To Vista & 2007. Because of the Unicode thing.
So since MS doesn't squash a manual into that tiny marigold Office box
(all the different Suites and Upgrades look exactly alike!), I'm
trying to discover which is the best book to rely on. I'm leaning
toward Office 2007 Advanced Documents (or something like that), from
MS Press, which covers the non-basic aspects of Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, and maybe some of the other components.
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP