Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey Greg Maxey is offline

Default remove all section breaks quickly?

I think to delete them you first have to find them and then manipulate
the found range a bit, split the table, manipulate the found range a
bit more, then rejoin the table:

Sub ScratchMacro()
Dim i As Long
Dim oRng As Range
Set oRng = ActiveDocument.Range
With oRng.Find
.Text = Chr(12)
While .Execute
oRng.Select
oRng.MoveEnd wdCharacter, 1
oRng.Collapse wdCollapseStart
With Selection
.MoveRight Unit:=wdCharacter, Count:=1
.SplitTable
.MoveLeft Unit:=wdCharacter, Count:=1
.MoveRight Unit:=wdCharacter, Count:=1, Extend:=wdExtend
.Delete Unit:=wdCharacter, Count:=1
.Delete Unit:=wdCharacter, Count:=1
End With
oRng.Collapse Direction:=wdCollapseEnd
Wend
End With
End Sub

On Aug 18, 3:13*am, "Stefan Blom" wrote:
There are no workarounds or fixes available (yet), as far as I know. *:-(

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"mcarpeneto" wrote in message

I too can confirm that in Word 2002 SP3 I cannot use Find and Replace to
deleteSectionBreaks in atable. I can find 'em, but I can't replace 'em
automatically. I just finished manually deleting 85SectionBreaks. I hope
Microsoft, or someone, creates a fix or a workaround for this problem.

BTW, I can automatically replaceSectionBreak(new page) withSection
Break
(continuous). I highlight the document and then go to Page
Setup/Layout/Sectionstart, change New Page to Continuous, and then click
OK.
Unfortunately, DeleteSectionBreakis not an option.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

I can confirm thatsectionbreaks inserted intotablecells may not be
"seen" by Word when performing a Find & Replace in Print Layout view. In
Draft view, I can find thebreakbut I cannot delete it by replacing with
nothing. Instead, a manual deletion is required. This definitely seems
like
a bug.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"CDani" wrote in message
I also am having trouble deleting the "hidden"sectionbreaks. One row
in a
tableissectionone, the very next row magically becomessection2. I
always
have "display all formatting marks" on, and certainlly know what a
section
breaklooks like. *The tables have no visible borders. *But the border
betweensection1 row andsection2 row has a slightly darker and
heavier
dotted line. *I have found the only way to get rid of the mystery
section
breaks (which do not come up on "find"), is to do a columnbreakbefore
and
after the offending row, delete the row and retype. *Not something I am
enjoying in this 23 page document.

"Travlr1974" wrote:

I can't removesectionbreaks either, it's driving me mad!!! All the
help
can find on any forum says to switch to Draft View, select thesection
break
and delete it. But I can't select thesectionbreak! It's a black
line,
the
mouse becomes a double line with an arrow pointing up and another
pointing
down. It can't be deleted. If I delete the space before it the
paragraphs
merge, tapping enter creates a newsectionbreak!

I can't believe how un-userfriendly Office 2007 is, I was a pro of
2003
and
I feel stupid when using 2007: everything is hidden, complex and
follows
totally absurd logic... Has this version been user-tested for
acceptance
at
all??!

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Are you sure there aresectionbreaks in the document? What displays
if
you
show nonprinting marks? Note that you may find it easier to work
with
the
breaks in Draft view.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"tinkeysmom" wrote in message
Did you ever figure out how to delete the sections breaks? *I have
document
and cannot find them even when I do a search for them with the ^b.
have
recently upgraded to 2007 and I can't figure out how to remove
this
section
break! *It's driving me crazy!! *Kim

"TEAM NORTON" wrote:

I copied an Adobe document into Word and now thesectionbreaks
are
all
over
the place leaving me with very ragged and rambling text. I can
delete the
sectionbreaks one at a time but there are thousands. Can I
delete
them
all
(without deleting the text - done that already!), or align the
text?
Thanks.- Hide quoted text -