Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Newsletter in Word, send to Outlook

Formatted e-mails use HTML which has completely different formatting
requirements to Word document format. You can get some idea of what the
e-mail will look like by using web view.
You can embed objects in a document, but this tends to create huge files
unsuitable for e-mail.
You can attach a PDF file to an e-mail message - which is probably the best
way forward if you want to send a formatted document.

Geewhiz wrote:
I created a Word document using a template for a newsletter that I
filled with text and graphics. I then selected - File - Send to -
Mail Recipient. The document is inserted in the Outlook mail
document, however, the graphics did not stay in place.

1. How do I get the graphics to lock in place so they display
properly when sent via Outlook?
2. Can I create a folder within the document to store linked
documents, like an Excel spreadsheet or a PDF file? I would like to
have the documents within the document and not hyperlink to another
source, if possible. Is it possible to link to a SharePoint file?
3. I usually use Adobe products, like InDesign for design work, but
need to be able to use this Word feature to send an internal business
newsletter.
4. Can I send a PDF file to Outlook and have it appear like a
newsletter with functional links?

Any help would be appreciated!