Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
rraazz rraazz is offline

Default Hyperlinks and html images in mailmerge

On Sep 9, 1:16*pm, "macropod" wrote:
Hi Raza,

You could solve both problems by embedding the mergefield and whatever associated path information you have in a HYPERLINK field.
For example, if the hyperlink path is:
http: //www.ultralearn.com/default.aspx?leadid=«Lead»
you could select all of that and press Ctrl-F9 to embed the string in another field, thus:
{ http: //www.ultralearn.com/default.aspx?leadid=«Lead» }
which you could then edit to read:
{HYPERLINK "http: //www.ultralearn.com/default.aspx?leadid=«Lead»"}
and then run your mailmerge.

--
Cheers
macropod

Hi macropod,

Thanks for the tip. Another colleague of mine gave me the same and it
did the trick. In other words, doing ALT F9 and inserting fields the
way you have mentioned is the answer.

But, there is one issue! Once you save save the doc as xml (required
for importing into CRM as template), and reopen it, same issue: no
fields there. I opened the xml in notepad and tried to force-insert
Lead but doesn't work. It looks like the xml structure won't allow
embedding a MERGEFIELD within a hyperlink. So for now, we'll rely on
copy-paste technology to send out mail merge... unless you can suggest
something here too!

Regards
Raza