Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Default Style and Field updating

Hi,

Unless you use a formfield or put your table in the header or footer, you'll have to update the table field manually. You can do
this by doing a Print Preview, selecting the table field and pressing F9 or by printing the document. The field will also update if
you save & close the document then re-open it.

--
Cheers
macropod

"Going Nuts in Fields" Going Nuts in wrote in message
I have made a template that has a Style format called Lot # this needs to be
typed in by the user of this template. Then that lot # has to appear in the
header and in a table on the next page. I have done this but when the lot #
is typed in, the header updates automatically but the table does not how do I
fix this?