Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mecalith Mecalith is offline

Default Making Word my default when opening online documents

Using Word 2007 on Windows Vista Home Premium

I think that you want to change the association
( Start Default Programs Associate a file type or protocol with a
program. )

of: .doc (DOC File)
from: Microsoft Works Word Processor
to: Microsoft Office Word
at: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\WINWORD.EXE

"lprogen" wrote:

Please help!! When I open documents online they automatically default to
Microsolft Works Processor. However the documents will not open as they are
Word documents. I have installed Microsoft Word on my computer and I'd like
to set it up as my default so that when I try to open up online documents
they will open!