Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
sait sait is offline

Default Mail Merge - Word could not ifinish inserting database

I found a double quotation mark in record nr 61. This may be the problem. Se
article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/188569
These problems are most likely caused by mismatched double quotation marks
in a mail merge data source document.
I will check this out with my customer who reported the problem. Hope this
helps.

"ncma08" wrote:

I am trying to complete a mail merge and I keep receiving the following
message: "Word could not finish merging these documents or inserting this
database."

My datasource is a csv file (.txt) with 2900 names but yet the system only
merges 60 records and then the above message appears. I have tried to rebuild
the letter and I get the same error.

I have never received this message before and am not sure what to do.

Any suggestions?
Thanks, in advance