Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Adding the Frame command to the INSERT option on the toolbar

It was called "Horizontal" in Word 97, but I thought this had been corrected
by Word 2000. And I think it may have been "Horizontal" only in the Insert
category; in All Commands, it was still InsertFrame.

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
You do not need a frame to achieve your aim. If you right-click on the
inserted picture, change the Text Wrapping option from In Line to one of
the floating options. Then you can drag them around and change the
alignment.

But as to the Frame command, I remember that there was a mistake with this
command and it was called something else rather weird but for the life of
me I cannot remember what it was called (in my defense Word 2000 was a
long time and many incarnations ago).

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Gordon Biggar" wrote in message
I understand the process, but I cannot locate the command "Frame" under
any
of the categories shown.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
The same way you add any other command to a menu or toolbar: Tools |
Customize, locate the command and drag it to the menu or toolbar. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...oToToolbar.htm

"G.G. Biggar, Jr." wrote in message
Formerly, I was able to insert a frame about a picture that I had
previously
inserted onto a page by using the INSERT option on the toolbar. Now,

for
some reason, this command has disappeared. How do I reinstate the
FRAME
command within the INSERT dropdown option? I am using Office 2000.

Thanks in advance.

Gordon Biggar
Houston, Texas