Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
davidrafky davidrafky is offline

Default Q&A--Graphics and Word

I am using an older version of Word (from around 2002). I am writing my
family genealogy which is text (not fancy) with pictures interwoven. I could
prepare the document in Publisher and convert to PDF so all my relatives can
read it. The problem is that I want my relatives to be able to add their
stories and pictures to the documnent.

So, I decided to use word. The problems I have a
(a) Is there a graphics frame or box in Word?
(b) Is there a way to anchor pictures to a particular spot on the page?
(c) Is there a way to have text flow around a picture?
(d) Is there a way to have some white space between a picture and the text?

I know I am "desktop publishing territory" here -- but I want to stick with
word so my relatives can add their material to the document.

Any guidance will be appreciated.

David Rafky
Miami FL