wishiwerewest

Default Preventing file size from growing when adding pictures

I am having trouble with file size growing too much when adding pictures. I
often start with a template to create a document. When I save before adding
the picture the file size is small, usually 100kb. After I add a small
picture (about 200k jpg) and resave the word file size balloons to 3.4MB.
This is very annoying since I have to keep a lot of these files and send them
to people that use modems. Is there any solution? I have tried multiple
templates but none of them helps.