fredgo

Default Missing information when merging excel sheet in Catalogue document

I'm using Office 2000. I've set up an excel speadsheet with 40 lines of
contacts (names, addresses, etc.). I've also set up a main document in Word
2000 as a catalogue file, and I have a next record (Word field) field after
all of the merge fields.

Problem: When I merge to a new document, some contacts are missing. How do
I get it to include everything. I suspect it has something to do with after
I sort the spreadsheet. Before sorting, everything merges fine, but if I
sort in the excel sheet or use the query option in Word, I am missing
contacts (merge data). Also, once I go forward with it, I can't go back.
I've also tried copying and pasting into new documents and spreadsheets.