Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default How can I remove all "Bold" commands from a document?

Open the Find/Replace dialog and click on the MORE button. Click in the Find
box and then select FormatFont (at the bottom of the dialog) and check BOLD
under Font Style. Click in the Replace box and again select Format, Font and
select Regular under Font Style.

Written under the Find box it should now say "Font: Bold" and under Replace
it should say "Font: Not Bold, Not Italic".

Click ReplaceAll. It should now quickly zip through the document remove the
bold attribute.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Bert Coules" wrote in message
I hate to post what I'm afraid is a very basic question indeed, but for
some reason I can't find the answer.

How do I strip out all "bold" commands from a document but leave the text
unchanged?

My experiments with Find and Replace have so far always affected the text,
usually by removing some emboldened words altogether.

I'm using MS Word 2000. Many thanks in advance for any assistance or
pointers to the information.

Bert Coules