Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
AB AB is offline

Default Is it possible in Word? Different types of Tags/Comments?

Hi,

I was hoping someone could help me out - I'm trying to figure out if
it's possible in MsWord (2003) to have kindof different TYPES of
comments that I could insert?
This is what I'm after:
I've got a text document that I'm editing and it would be extremely
helpful if i could select some parts of it and insert Comment
(InsertComment) with my thoughts about it and select some other parts
of the text and insert as if DIFFERENT type of Comment - for example,
"a question" to the person who's written the text in the first place.
So, the difference between the 'Ordinary' comment and the 'Question
comment' would be exactly that - one type would always have just
considerations while the other would always have an open question.
This (type of the comment) would allow the reviewer to distinguish
between just thoughts and pending questions (this is handy when I've
got a couple of dozens in one file).
In theory I could have even 2 types of 'questions' - 'pending' and
'resolved' etc. and therefore distinguishing between them would be
very beneficial.
I tried to address this with InsertReferenceMark [Index] Entry or
Mark Citation
but obviously neither is designed to address this.

I could, perhaps, each time i need to insert a 'question' change in
the Options menu User Information from my name to 'Open Question' and
then the comment would show up as by different reviewer but this
solution seemed a bit cumbersome... There must be a better way of
doing this.

Any ideas what could be the best solution for this?