Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
AA996TT AA996TT is offline

Default Cursor position in opening Word 2007

Actually I get the correct sequence of letters. The cursor just stays on the
right side of the page (blinking) and the type proceeds right to left in
correct sequence of letters.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

In other words, if you type TYPE, you get EPYT?

"AA996TT" wrote in message
When I start typing, the text moves right to left.
Thanks,
Alex

"Tony Jollans" wrote:

What happens when you type? if you get 'normal' left-to-right text, just
right-aligned then maybe check out
http://word.mvps.org/fAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm

--
Enjoy,
Tony

www.WordArticles.com

"AA996TT" wrote in message
Hi Tony,
Thanks for the reply. My language settings are set to U.S. English for
Word
and Windows keyboard settings. Any other ideas??
Thanks,
Alex

"Tony Jollans" wrote:

It sounds like your default input language is a right-to-left
language.
Check your Windows keyboard setttings and also your Word language
settings
(Office Button Word Options Popular tab Language Settings button
(I
do
find it odd that changing language settings is considered popular, and
wonder how many people do it ever, never mind often).

--
Enjoy,
Tony

www.WordArticles.com

"AA996TT" wrote in message
I would like to know how to reset my cursor to the top left of a
blank
Word
document at document opening. Somehow a setting has changed and now
every
time I open a blank document the cursor starts in the top right of
the
document. Thanks.