Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol Carol is offline

Default Help with If statements in a Word Table using Form fields

Hi Suzanne, that didn't work either. I think I'm going to have to rethink my
form and try and do it some other way... or transfer it over to Excel where I
know how to do it but it won't look as nice.

Thanks for trying to help.

Carol

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Well, first of all, there is no =IF field; it's just IF. If the Total field
is a form field, and you want the IF field to result in X when Total is
greater than 7, then you need { IF { REF Total } 7 "X" }

"Carol" wrote in message
Ok fair enough but it doesn't even work where I only have one condition.
This is another expression I have: { =if(Total7,X, ) }

Carol

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You can't put two conditions in the same IF field; this requires nested
IF
fields. See the examples for "Specify multiple conditions" in the Help
topic
"Examples of IF fields."

"Carol" wrote in message
I have a word table that I am using with locked fields. In the table
there
is a column of numbers (4 rows) that the person types in a number from
0-4
depending on some criteria. I have totalled these numbers at the bottom
and
the sum field is bookmarked as 'Total'. The maximum number can be 16
depending on what they selected above. Under the table I have another
row
that depending on what the 'Total' value is it will put an 'X' in the
box
that depicts what level they are. For example... if 'Total' 4 it
should
put
an 'X' in the first box. If 'total' =4 and 7 it puts an 'X' in the
second
box. Here's the IF statement I've used for the second box.

{ =if(Total=4 and 7,X, ) }

Nothing seems to work no matter what I put in here. Any help would be
GREATLY appreciated.

Carol