Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dylane dylane is offline

Default Using multiple captions for a single table or figure?

I'm just starting to learn how to use Styles in Word, and am trying to figure
out how to get them to work with captions the way we like to have them set up
at work. For every table and figure we need to have 2 different caption
styles associated with it. A table title above the table, which needs to be
on multiple lines, and then a table caption below the table.

The table heading structure should look something like this:

Table X
"Chapter Name"
"Table Title"

Table
Table Caption

I can't figure out how to get a multi-line caption for my header by going to
insert-reference-caption. And I also can't figure out how to have both
captions and headers associated with the same table so that they don't break
across a page.

I am using Word 2003 on Windows XP.

Any help that can be provided would be much appreciated. I am trying hard
to learn to use Word in the "correct" way...but it sure seems difficult.