Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Word does not save. Please help?

Assuming that this is not a now expired trial version of Office 2007, see
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...artingWord.htm. with
particular regard to the normal template, the data key in the registry and
possible interference from add-ins (though I suspect the data key will cover
it).

User1122 wrote:
Thanks for replying. To explain further, it does nothing at all. I
have tried to save downloaded word documents from email attachments.
I have also tried to start with a blank page, typed something and
clicked on Save As. I have tried to Save As all sorts of formats like
document or template. But none of these work. No dialog box appears
or nothing. Also, when I open a blank page, type something and then
click on the x to close, it asks me if I want to save the document I
click on yes and again nothing happens.

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

Specifically what happens if you start with a blank document, type
in some gibberish, save it, then close it. Can you find the file to
reopen?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"User1122" wrote in message
I have Office 2007 Home edition. Word does not want to save
anything. It does
not bring up a message at all. It does absolutely nothing. However
all other
office components do save, for example Excel.

Please help!