Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Open Word without opening a new document

Create a shortcut for starting Word, and include the /n switch after
....winword.exe" in the Target field. For example:

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE12\WINWORD.EXE" /n

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Sherry" wrote in message
Every time I open Word and open the document I want, when I close it, the
€œnew€ document that opened when I started up Word stays open and I have to
close it €“ and it asks if I want to save it before it will shut down.