Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Can't send as e-mail attachment

The address book function requires Outlook to be the default e-mail
application. The student version of Office does not include Outlook.

The "E-mail" command is missing or is unavailable in Excel 2007, in
PowerPoint 2007, or in Word 2007
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918792

Julie Wells (South Africa) wrote:
Hi Ladies
I am having the same problem as Brenna. I even have the envelope icon
in the taks bar and it is dulled. I was running MS Office Ultimate
but now I have loaded the student and home edition and sicne then I
can't email as an attachment. When I had finished installing the new
Office, OE was no longer my mail handler but I immediately changed
that (it prompts you to). I have checked the Internet Options and the
OE Options list. It is definitely Windows' default. Now waht?

Also - can anyone tell me how to do the old function that Office had
where yu clicked on an envelope and it converted the document in
layout view into a message? That is waht I really need, the other
one is not important really.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Office Home & Student doesn't come with Outlook, so you must
designate another mail client as the default. No version of Office
2007 comes with PDF support built in. You have to download the free
add-in from

"Brenna" wrote in message
I have MS Office Home & Student. I am unable to send my document
as an e-mail attachment. Also, I can't save as PDF. The options
are not available. On the send option, the only one I can use is
fax. How can I fix
this?