joelgee

By the way, F9 is depressed already. It has issues.

"Carol" wrote:

Sorry! I didn't finish the instructions - after you have typed in the text
that you want to show, depress F9 to update the field.

"Carol" wrote:

I could be way off base here, but it seems to me that what you're looking for
is a macrobutton. I use this frequently for documents that I want users to
fill in. To accomplish this use Ctrl + F9 which will give you field braces.
Inside the field braces type "macrobutton nomacro" and then whatever text you
want to appear such as, "Click and Type Name here."

I hope this has been helpful to you.

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

joelgee wrote:
Perhaps part of the problem is that I'm not sure how to ask this
question: Using the form design toolbar, I've create, well, a form.
Many of the fields are text fields. Right now, they're simply shaded
(because I chose to have them shaded), but what I'd really like is to
be able to type in," Please type 'blah blah' here" with the user
typing in data that substitutes for what I've put in the field.
I hope this make sense. We've all seen this a gazillion times. I just
don't know what it's called or how to make a form text field do it.
Thanks in advance for help.
Joel

Double-click the form field to get its Properties dialog. Type your
instructions into the Default Text box.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman