Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Heather Heather is offline

Default Field for (Starting Page)?

NUMPAGES is giving me the total number of pages of the Word Document (In this
case it is 4 pages in the Word Document) . I am changing the starting page
number to 3 (so the entire Document has 7 pages). However, if I just use
NUMPAGES, and use "Page # of # format", my last page is listed as "Page 7 of
4".
is there a way to add NUMPAGES and (StartingPage) to get a total,
automatically?

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Use a NUMPAGES field

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Heather" Heather @discussions.microsoft.com wrote in message
Is there a field in Word that I can use to calculate Total Page numbers
when
the starting page number is not one.
I found a help topic that explained that I needed to look up
(StartingNumber), but that is the information I would like to automate.