Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default view type

Doug

He specifically says it isn't hidden white space.

Terry

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com"
wrote in message ...
That is what will happen if the White Space at the top of the document is
hidden. Move the mouse cursor to the top of the page until the shape of
the cursor changes to two vertically opposed arrows and then double click
with the left mouse button.

Alternatively, Click on the Office button and then on Word Options in the
bottom border and then on Display and check the box for "Show whtie space
between pages in Print Layout view"

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Jen" wrote in message
Yes, I can edit the header. He sent me a screen shot and I can see the
header
in his document. I just searched on a term in the header of his screen
shot
and Word 2007 found the term but it showed up in a split window with the
title" First Page header - Section 1" at the bottom of the window . I
have
gone into the Header & Footer Tools/ Design and deselected Different
First
Page but still nothing.

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

If you have got ShowWhiteSpace enabled and there is still no
Header/Footer,
then the user didn't add one to the document. Are you able to
double-click
in the header and edit in the Header area?

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Jen" wrote in message
Thanks for the suggestion. I have selected each view type and still
cannot
see it. I have also chosen "show white space" to ensure that it
wouldn't
be
hidden because of that.