Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Scoop Scoop is offline

Default List Styles in Word 2007

I am trying to put together a template and I have set up a list style
for multi-level bulleting that is used throughout the document. I also
have a list style setup that is numbered and linked to the built-in
heading styles. The document generally follows this pattern:

1. Heading 1
1.1 Heading 2
Body Text
- Bullet level 1
- Bullet level 2 ...

In certain sections of the document, I need to continue like so:
Body Text
- Bullet level 1
Heading 4 (not numbered)
More Body Text
- New Bullet Level 2
- New Bullet level 2 ...

What is the best way to setup styles to cascade in this senario. I see
that Word 2007 has styles like "Body Text Indent" which I could
probably use for my More Body Text area but I can seem to find a way
to cascade the list style I have setup for the bullets. I'd would be
nice if I could simple create another list style based off the first
one and indent the new one. If there isn't a way to do this, what is
the best way to handle this?