Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Indentation

Right-click in the paragraph and choose Paragraph on the shortcut menu. In
the paragraph dialog, choose Special: Hanging and set the desired indent.
Alternatively, you can drag the Hanging Indent marker on the ruler (see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/UsingRulers.htm). It's best to make the
hanging indent part of a specific style; apply that style when you want the
hanging indent. Note also that Word's built-in List styles have a hanging
indent; they can be modified to suit your purposes.

http://word.mvps.org

"Sol" wrote in message
Thank you Lene for your prompt reply and huge help.

Indeed, this was the problem I followed your instructions, and BINGO it is
working. As per your concern: "why you want to indent the second line of a
paragraph with a tab", the answer is that I am using it for Hebrew font,
and
in the hebrew-typing the correct and old fashion way to type is with an
indent in the second line. As per your idea to simplify the task, I did
not
follow how to do it, can you please try to explain it to me again.

thank you again,
Sol

"Lene Fredborg" wrote:

If I understand your description correctly, you need to turn off a
specific
AutoCorrect option:

Select Office button Word Options Proofing category. Click the
AutoCorrect Options button (top right in the dialog box). On the
€śAutoFormat
as You Type€ť tab, turn off €śSet left- and first-indent with tabs and
backspaces€ť. Click OK twice.

NB I dont know why you want to indent the second line of a paragraph
with a
tab but I am wondering whether you use that method to create a hanging
indent
of the paragraph. If that is the case, a better solution is to define the
paragraph style you are using so that it has a €śreal€ť hanging indent.
This
can be set up via the Paragraph dialog box.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg - Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Sol" wrote:

I just switched from MS Office 2003 to 2007, and I have a question
regarding
indentation. In 2003 I was able to indent the second line in a
paragraph
without a problem, however, with 2007 when I try to indet the second
line the
whole paragraph indents. Any help?
Thank you,
Sol