Sydney Lotterby

Default Don't want to wrap long text - just truncate

Word 2003, SqlServer 2000 ... I am trying to print a bunch of labels (0.5" x
1.75") in a TrueType font. One of the merge fields sometimes exceeds the
width of the label and wraps. I would like to truncate it and replace the
characters with an ellipsis (...) to show something was trunc'd. How can I
do this? I can't truncate the text in the Sql select b/c I am using a
TrueType font so don't know how much space the line will actually take.

Also, the data source is a SqlServer table and I would like to be able to
write the sql script to build the source table. I couldn't find anywhere to
do that -- just a wizard that allowed me to select fields. Can this be
done?

tia