Peter Jamieson

For point (1), can you please tell us more about how you see the process
working
- what is being produced?
- at what point in the process do you envisage the manager and employee
signing something?
- what sort of electronic signature are you thinking of?

For point (2), if the Employee name is coming from your mail merge data
source, you should be able to insert an additional copy of the { MERGEFIELD
"Employee Name" } field in the header/footer, at least if the merge is a
"Letter" type merge. If the name is being provided by a FILLIN, you can try
- changing the FILLIN to an ASK. In an ASK field you specify a bookmark
name for the result of the ASK, then use a REF field such as { REF
employee_name } to insert the results.
- or nesting the FILLIN inside a SET, e.g.

{ SET employee_name "{ FILLIN "whatever" }" }

and using { REF employee_name } to insert the results.

If you want to name the output file using the employee name you will
probably need to use some VBA - if you go to Google groups and search this
newsgroup for Doug Robbins splitter you should find some VBA code that will
help.

Peter Jamieson
"t0kein" wrote in message

We are trying to modify a Performance Evaluation template
form in Word 2000. The employee data is merged into the
form from an excel spreadsheet. The mail merge process
works fine but we are wondering if there is a way to do
the following:

1. How do we make it possible for Manager and Employee to
fill and sign the form electronically without having to
print it out. This would minimize chances of it falling
into the wrong hands.

2. Is it possible to make the text in the Employee Name:
field either repeat in the footer of the document, or be
automatically filled in as the name of the document. This
is so as to distinguish the document from others.

At this point we are unable to proceed without a solution
to these issues. I appreciate any insights you may have.

Thanks

T0kein