Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jeffrey L. Hook Jeffrey L. Hook is offline

Default How To Convert Thousands of Works 7.0 Files to Word 2007 Simultaneously

I referred to "Steve Vest" in my previous message. The developer of the
FileLocator Pro desktop search engine is *DAVE* Vest. (Sorry, Dave!)

http://www.mythicsoft.com/Page.aspx?...rpro&page=home

Jeff Hook

....I'm using Steve Vest's FileLocator Pro for desktop searching. By running
.\.wps as a "regular expression" in any folder of my data directory I can
obtain a list of all of the Works "word processing" files in that path, and
I can then work my way down the engine's list of files, opening each in Word
2007 by using its context menu in the search engine's GUI, and then hitting
my macro on the Word 2007 Quick Access Toolbar when the Works file opens in
Word 2007. The "Convert-Save-Close" macro seems to do all that I require,
and each conversion only requires a few seconds but conversion of all files
individually seems nuts when it must be possible to do this automatically,
for all 20K+ files!

JLH