Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Customizing Table of Contents

You need a Horizontal Inside Border as well as a Top Border.

http://word.mvps.org

"Kenny Bones" wrote in message
"grammatim" wrote:

It looks like the specific unusual thing you want is to have the
chapter numbers right-aligned?

Go into each of the ToC styles and mark the first tab stop as right-
aligned.

First tab stop? Where can I find that? Is it the same as "tabs" that I can
find when modifyen the TOC styles? I've been playing around with that, but
can't really find what it's good for. I thought I had to tweak the
Indentation of each step? I managed to do just that by reversing the
indentation so the normal layout is "mirrored" so to say. This seems to
work
though.
Are you saying that there's an easier way to do this?

And another thing, I want a border around each chapter in the Table of
contents.
Like this:
1. Introduction
2. Purpose
3. Research
3.1. Location
3.2. Work receipts
3.4. Trafic
4. Temperature
4.1. Measurements
4.2. Measuring Methods
4.2.1. Trace Measuring
4.2.2. Friction Measuring

But I'm having a hard time trying to get this to work.
For example, the first TOC style, if I set a border at the top only, I
only
get it round the first entry of the style. If you take a look at the Table
of
contents I wrote above, you can see that the two first entries of the TOC
are
on the same level. And for some reason, these two are "grouped" together,
so
I only get a border around the first one of them. If I set the TOC1 style
use a full border, I get a border around both of them, like they're
grouped
together.

Any light on this?