Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default footers are disappearing

This is usually a sign that the document is corrupt. Try Open and Repair.

http://word.mvps.org

"Nicole" wrote in message
I am using Word 2003.

The footer section is not available for me to make edits to...when I
select
"Header and Footer" from the menu, it allows me to edit the header
portion,
but not the footer portion. It does not appear on the page at all. I have
tried playing with the page & section breaks, but it still does not allow
me
to enter any footers.

"grammatim" wrote:

What does "not available" mean? What have you tried? What version of
Word?

On Jun 1, 3:35 pm, Nicole wrote:
I am attempting to use headers and footers in a document where there
have
been a significant amount of changes made and tracked using Tracking
Changes.
I am able to edit the headers, but the footer section is not available.
have tried everything, and nothing seems to be working. If anyone has
any
ideas on how to fix this, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks.