Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
first4Him first4Him is offline

Default Table from excel, need to auto update, formatting - SIMPLE SOLUTIO

I need to import a table from excel, and have the table update automatically
each time the word doc opens. In addition, the table needs to be reformatted
to the word doc specifications. I thought mail merge would be a solution, but
having trouble getting the records to show up (going to next record, etc.).
I'm sure there is a very simple solution to this problem that I'm pulling my
hair out about.
I've also considered XML mapping... but it's new to me, so not sure if
that's the right way either.
The specific table is an appendix at the end of a very long document.