Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default Can no longer underline

Hi

It cannot be the drafts font option because neither Bold, Italics or other
formatting would show up as such - not just underlines. Do the underlines
(that you cannot see) actually print?

What happens if you start in Safe Mode? From Start | Run, type in

winword /a

and press enter. Can you underline now in Safe Mode?

And Bob's suggestions about font colour too?

Terry

"Island Girl" wrote in message
Hi, Terry:

Thanks so much for your reply!

I can italicize and bold words, but no underline. As to enabling Draft
Fonts, I'm not familiar with that feature, Terry. How would one go about
doing that?

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

Bizarre! Are you sure you haven't accidentally enabled Draft Fonts? Can
you
assign Italics (Ctrl+I) or Bold (Ctrl+B)?

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Island Girl" wrote in message
I can no longer underline in Word using either Ctrl+U or the toolbar.
Is
the
trouble with Word, my computer or my keyboard?

Thanks for all of your help--past, present and, of course---future!