Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Continuous overbar like underline?

I'm not sure why you're getting the extra spaces; I've never had a problem
with the leading space, and deleting the trailing one (between the closing
parenthesis and the closing field brace) removes the space from the field
result.

http://word.mvps.org

"Sesquipedalian Sam" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 14 Jul 2009 17:27:40 -0400, "Jay Freedman"
wrote:

Sesquipedalian Sam wrote:
I there a way in Word 2007 to get an "overline" that behaves line an
underline except over the characters, instead of under them?

I have experimented with special symbols and the overstrike field, but
I haven't been able to get any of them work as well as underlining.

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Overbar.htm.

Thanks, Jay.

The EQ field with the \x switch seems like the best for my needs.
However, it seems to put a space before and after the field. The
article sways this can eb solved by deleting the final space from
inside the field. This does NOT work on my machine.

My field code looks like this {EQ \x\to(ABC)}.

In context, I have

This is ABC overbar:{EQ \x\to(ABC)}.

which generates

This is ABC overbar: ABC .