Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default disable macros - Word 2003?

Hmm, the icon for a *Word 2007 template* does have an exclamation point in
its icon. If you are also running Word 2007, or if you have installed the
compatibility pack, that would explain why you can open such a file. It has
nothing to do with pasting as unformatted text, though.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"sf" wrote in message

My biggest use of Word is to file recipes. I copy recipes from the
internet and use paste special unformatted text, but lately some
documents have an exclamation mark next to the icon. How can I
disable macros in Word 2003? I've looked at tools macros... but I
don't see anything that would help me. Perhaps I should open NotePad
and copy each offending doc into it, but I was hoping for a global fix
that is faster than the case by case method.

TIA
sf