Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default What's a docx file?

There is a windows update or four, including all the security fixes which
should have sorted this for you. It has here, though of course it does have
some dire warnings about only the new version can truly be seen as
compatible, but you can read and edit most files.

In most cases there is really no need for people to use this default file
type in my view, as it screws up so many other people who may not be using
the latest version, or may be using Open Office etc.

Brian

Email:

wrote in message
I'm using Word 2003. Is a docx file s 2007 file type. If so, how do I read
it with Word?

Solid waste produced to generate electricity per person
over a lifetime:
Nuclear power -- 2 pounds in a coke can
Fossil (coal) fuel -- 68.5 tons in six 12-ton RR cars

-- Power to Save the World, Gwyneth Cravens

Web Page: www.speckledwithstars.net/