Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
big john big john is offline

Default What's a docx file?

wrote:
Brian Gaff wrote:
There is a windows update or four, including all the security fixes
which should have sorted this for you. It has here, though of course
it does have some dire warnings about only the new version can truly
be seen as compatible, but you can read and edit most files.

In most cases there is really no need for people to use this default
file type in my view, as it screws up so many other people who may not
be using the latest version, or may be using Open Office etc.

Brian

I guess one of these days, I'll have to pony up several hundred dollars
to get to Office 2007. I'm using Office 2003. Maybe I should ditch 2003
in favor of the student/home version. I really use only Word, Excel,
Publisher and PPt. And then there's the new OS for Oct., which will be a
game changer of some sort. I plan to go there though. My PC desktop is
showing its age.

Make sure you check out "Open Office" before you spend a bunch of money
on another
Microsoft product. It's compatible with about everything, open source
and I think the
World is moving toward it!! Best of all - it's Free!!
--
Big John