Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Can I save a scanned document as a word document with less bytes?

You could use OCR (Optical Character Recognition) software to change
them from graphics into text, but then you'd have to do a lot of
proofreading. (Everyone says storage is cheap these days. You could
keep them on a flash drive.)

On Sep 30, 3:36*am, Secretary
wrote:
I want to save to disc a large number of documents that need to be scanned.
They appear after scanning in windows Photo gallery. I would like to save
them as a document and would it take up less room.