Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default "Transpose" macro Hebrew / right-to-left text

Ok, I tried it, and it does transpose either two selected letters or
the letters the cursor is between (so it works perfectly), but
selecting three letters produced only the message "You must place the
cursor between the 2 characters to be transposed!"

On Oct 12, 8:48*am, "Peter T. Daniels" wrote:
I don't understand what you mean by "where the cursor is not located
between the two characters" -- does that simply mean that it works by
selecting two characters? And the following phrase means it will
reverse the sequence of any number of selected characters? (Both those
qualifications don't appear in the website description.)

I'll replace yesterday's macro with this one, so thank you again!

Also, I noticed a tiny glitch in your "installing macros" instructions
yesterday. I don't need to put Transpose on the QAT, but I do want a
keyboard shortcut. The instructions give the impression that you need
a button on the QAT to assign a shortcut to a macro, but t turns out
you don't -- just skip the step to add it to the QAT and go on to
click the Shortcut button. (However, the name of the macro does _not_
appear in the shortcut-assigning panel, as I'm accustomed to seeing
when I assign a shortcut to a character.)

On Oct 12, 1:54*am, "Graham Mayor" wrote:

Following up with the revised version of the transposition macro I mentioned
yesterday: The following will transpose either two selected characters or
the characters either side of the cursor and allows for those cases where
the cursor is not located between two characters or more than two characters
are selected. The cursor is left between the transposed characters so
repeated use of the macro will toggle the transposition back and forth. I
have added this version to my web