Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How do I get a ligature tie bar below two characters?

Alt-X will only try to convert a sequence of five digits if the first
one is 1 (and also a range beginning with 2F and something called
"tags" beginning with E0.)

On Nov 14, 6:41*pm, "Doug Robbins - Word MVP"
wrote:
Type the first letter, then press the space bar, the type 035c (using the
numeric keypad), then press Alt+x, then type the second letter.

The important thing is to have the space before the 035c, otherwise the
Alt+x attempts to convert the first letter plus the 035c and that is what is
giving you the empty box, or here, it gives me a box with a ? in it.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Pamela Case" wrote in message

I am trying to insert a ligature tie bar below two characters. The unicode
character 035C is the proper code to do so according to the unicode chart,
but when I type the 035C between the two letters, select it and type ALT
x, I
get an empty box. I am using Word 2007 on Windows XP. Any way to get this
character?-