Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cheryl Cheryl is offline

Default How do I save as a html document?

I am wanting to e-mail a holiday letter written in Word 2007 to a variety of
people w a variety of computers and versions. I was told it should be saved
as a HTML document but this sounds very difficult to do. What is the next
best option? Thanks, Cheryl

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Save as Web Page saves the document as an .htm file, preserving all the
formatting of the Word document so that, if desired, it can be resaved as a
..doc file without losing formatting. "Web Page, Filtered" also saves as .htm
but removes some of the formatting data for a more efficient Web page. It is
still, I am reliably informed, extremely bloated and ugly HTML, however.

Both of those file types save illustrations as separate, linked files. This
can be extremely useful if you are trying to extract pasted graphics as
separate files in JPG or GIF format. "Single File Web Page" uses the .mht
format which, as I understand it, somehow embeds the graphics in the file
itself (just as the Word document does).

http://word.mvps.org

"Robert Schechter" Robert wrote in
message news
Thanks Suzanne, but what is the difference with Save AS web page, web page
filtered and single file?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You don't say what version you actually have, but have you tried File |
Save
as Web Page or just selecting one of the Web Page options in "Files of
type"
in the Save As dialog?

Word MVP FAQ site:
http://word.mvps.org
so
all may benefit.

"JeanAnn" wrote in message
Older versions of Word allowed you to save as an html format ready to
upload
to web site - new version does not or I don't see you to do it from the
File
menu! Now it saves as a MIME format??

.