Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lesaodaniel lesaodaniel is offline

Default Table of Contents FONT SIZE

But I don't want to clear away the direct formatting because I needed to do
that to get the doc out the door for a filing.

What I need to know is how to make the font size of 14pt "stick" (because,
of course, direct formatting of a TOC disappears if you update the TOC).

When I tried modifying the TOC styles through the INSERTREFERENCE... dialog
boxes, I still get a 12pt font TOC and I need it to be 14pt. I even made
doubly sure that the Heading styles in the doc are set to 14pt and they are.
I checked the TOC styles through the InsertReference process and the TOC
styles are all set to 14pt for all 4 levels I am using...

It's a mystery to me as to why this TOC refuses to go to 14pt!!!

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Try selecting the TOC and pressing Ctrl+SpaceBar (this clears any direct
font formatting applied to TOC entries).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"lesaodaniel" wrote in message
I should also mention that when I look at the TOC styles (either thru the
styles and formatting pane or thru the InsertReference dialog boxes),
they
all "say" they are set to 14pt, but it's not what I'm getting... HELP!
thanks

"lesaodaniel" wrote:

I'm confused... I'm a very solid user of Word (word processing for 6
years)
but have recently gotten back into the swing of TOCs and have an issue I
cannot resolve...

1. In the doc, I modify and apply my native Heading styles for 4 levels
that
I am using. (I set all Heading styles to 14pt font...)
2. I generate the TOC based on those styles.
3. I modify the TOC styles through the INSERTREFERENCE... process.
4. HOWEVER - I need the entire doc to be in 14pt font (Times New Roman) -
including the TOC... So when I alter the TOC styles, I choose 14pt font
for
each of the 4 levels (and their Heading styles throughout the doc are set
14pt)...
**What I end up with is everything looking and spaced perfectly the way I
want it - except the TOC font won't budge from 12pt... I had to get the
doc
out the door, so I just applied direct formatting to 14pt for the TOC,
but I
really want to know how to do it in the future to make it stick! I don't
remember ever having a problem doing this. Am I missing something?

Thanks! I lurk on your board most of the time and love all the help you
all
provide.

.