Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.word.programming,microsoft.public.word.word6-7macros
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Default How Do I Install Macros In Word

Hi Abradaxis,

OK, so someone did a custom Office 2000 installation and chose not to install macro support. You can rectify that via Add/Remove
Programs in the Windows Control Panel - you may need the original installation CDs.

You also mentioned upgrading. If you're upgrading to a later version of Office (eg 2003/2007), you shouldn't need to add the macro
support to Office 2000 beforehand. Just do a custom installation with the upgrade and be sure to install all the options you'll need
at that time.

--
Cheers
macropod

"Abradaxis" wrote in message ...
While opening some documents the following warning message appears:
"The function you are attempting to run contains macros or content that requires macro language suppport. When this software was
installed, you (or your administrator) chose not to install support for macros or controls." If I hit okay twice the document
opens, but when I try to close it the message appears again, followed by the message that "Changes have been made that affect the
global template, Normal.dot. Do you want to save these changes?" Afraid to say yes, I say no and the document closes. Thanks once
again for your help.
"macropod" wrote in message ...
Hi Abradaxis,

Office 2000 supports macros (vba) by default, so there's nothing you need to install to enable that capability.

If you post back with the specific error message, someone might be able to tell you how to resolve the issue.

--
Cheers
macropod

"Abradaxis" wrote in message ...
I'm an experienced Word user, although I'm still running with Word from Office 2000 (about to upgrade to the latest Office
version), Suddenly, some of my documents say that the document was written with the need for macros, which wasn't installed. I
tried to do a repair installation of Word from Office 2000, but there was no option for including macros. How can I get this
feature installed before I upgrade word. Thanks in advance.