If you're doing it over the phone, I would think that the person you're
talking to could offer some help? It's been so long since I did this that I
don't know what the "installation ID" and "confirmation code" are.

"michelle05" wrote in message
Ok, I understand, But I do not know how to activate Word. I can get to the
screen that asks if I want to activate over phone or via internet, and the
internet cannot get a connection and when I try to do it over the phone

the
installation ID does not match the confirmation code, there are 6 extra
numbers in the installation ID. What do I do know?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Have you activated Word? See €śOFFXP: About Office Activation and Reduced
Functionality€ť
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=293151 (also applies to Office 2003).

Alternatively, see €śHow to convert a Office 2003 Trial Edition to a Full
Retail Edition€ť
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=831023

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Michelle05" wrote in message
I am able to open a new document, but when it is opened, there is a

message
in the message bar that reads: "This modification is not allowed

because
the
document is locked". I do not know how to unlock this new document, I

have
looked at other questions, they are similar but not the same problem.

Any
Help?