Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Styles behaviour in Word 2007

No, I didn't try adding text to the paragraph. Let's see: If I insert an
AutoText entry that has seven paragraphs in Normal style, I now see "Select
All 1 Instance(s)." I guess it counts by ranges rather than paragraphs. Sure
enough, if I change one of the middle paragraphs to Body Text, then it
counts 2 instances.

Thanks! Glad to see it works the way I expected after all!

http://word.mvps.org

"Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com" u43222@uwe wrote in message
Suzanne, I got your result too, before I added text to the paragraph. Did
you
try that?

Pam

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Normal. The only style in use in the (empty) document. If I check
"Paragraph
level formatting" or "Font formatting," Select All Instances is enabled,
but
not otherwise.

Maybe you selected a style that isn't in use?

[quoted text clipped - 16 lines]

Sharon